05 August, 2014

FEVER GOT ME GUILTY












LEATHER JACKET // Vintage
WHITE T-SHIRT // Primark
WHITE JEANS // Topshop
PAINTED TRAINERS // DIY

My friend Beth and I took the train to Bristol yesterday to go shopping in Cabot Circus. My favourite part of the day was when we bought some ridiculously overpriced fruit, sat on the second floor and people watched for half an hour. We shopped until we were exhausted, then Beth took these photos while we were walking back to the station.

I've always loved monochrome clothing, the simplicity of it works so well sometimes. White on white has been a trend I've loved seeing emerge throughout spring and summer. It looks so clean and bright against the darker backgrounds in these photos. I bought these flatform trainers last year in Primark and splattered them with fabric paint to make them more interesting. I especially like the way the dirty brown canvas juxtaposes with the clean white jeans. The leather jacket is from a little basement vintage shop in my town. The leather is so soft and the details, like the zips on the sleeves, make it different to others I've seen. For me a great leather jacket is an absolute essential item in my wardrobe, as they add an edgy, punky touch to anything.

My next post will be of things I've bought this month, including my purchases in Bristol. What's your favourite town to shop in?


J

No comments:

Post a Comment