16 August, 2014

SHE'S LOST CONTROL




HAT // Topshop
HIGH NECK CROPPED TOP // Topshop
CHIFFON DRESS // New Look
SPARKLY SOCKS // Topshop
CRIMSON CREEPERS // eBay

I'm sorry it's been so long! The three month holiday after GCSEs has made me completely lose track of time. This time on Thursday I will have my results and will be on my way to Reading festival. I like how dark and moody these photos turned out. I have been living in the high neck cropped top I bought from Topshop in Bristol. It goes with everything, shorts, skirts, with dungarees, over dresses and even under dresses. The high neck makes it more unusual than just a long sleeved crop, and gives any outfit a more sophisticated and stylish feel.

I had my eye on this hat for what felt like years before I bought it. It cost me £25, which I really didn't want to pay for such a small thing but I needed it in my wardrobe. Only after I'd dished out £25 did it get reduced to £7 and very similar ones began popping up in cheaper shops. Despite this, I still adore this hat, it adds tonnes of style to anything. I like pairing it with dressed down looks, like ripped jeans and a plain t shirt. It pulls the look together and makes it look like you put more effort in when really, all you did was put a hat on! My most recent hair colour is the result of the Nice 'N Easy dye in my last post. The colour looks slightly darker than in the photos, it's a really rich colour and the warmer red/brown tones make it a beautiful colour. That marks the 8th time I've dyed my hair over the summer, and hopefully the last.

I will try to have another blog post up before the Results/Reading preparation take over my life, and obviously I won't be able to post over my weekend of Arctic Monkeys, Palma Violets, Vampire Weekend, Blood Red Shoes, The Horrors and many more. When I get back I'm thinking of doing a post of all of my festival outfits. 

Who's your favourite band you've seen live and do you remember what you wore?

J

2 comments:

  1. I love your hat! I've always wanted one like that and it really suits you

    I remember wearing dungarees whilst watching the Rolling Stones last year which was super fun!

    "That's groovy" blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soph! Wow, was that at Glastonbury? I'm so jealous!

      Delete